- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo
- The Brain Fog Fix: Reclaim Your Focus, Memory, and Joy in Just 3 Weeks by Dr. Mike Dow
- The Happiness of Pursuit: Finding The Quest That Will Bring Purpose To Your Life by Chris Guillebeau
- The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph by Ryan Holiday
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide To Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses by Eric Ries
- Zero To One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build The Future by Peter Thiel
- Choose Yourself Guide To Wealth by James Altucher
- How To Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The Charisma Myth: How Anyone Can Master the Art and Science of Personal Magnetism by Olivia Fox Cabane
- Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drive Our Success by Adam Grant
- Make Your Own Lunch: How to Live an Epically Epic Life through Work, Travel, Wonder, and (Maybe) College by Ryan Porter
- The Education Of Millionaires: Everything You Won’t Learn in College About How To Be Successful by Michael Ellsburg
- Better Than College: How To Build A Successful Life Without A Four Year Degree by Blake Boles
- 279 Days To Overnight Success by Chris Guillebeau
- Advertising Secrets of the Written Word by Joseph Sugarman
- Everybody Writes by Ann Hardley
- ConvertKit – Email Marketing For Professional Bloggers. I used Mailchimp & Aweber in the past… and made the switch to ConvertKit! Used by successful entrepreneurs like Pat Flynn, Nathan Barry has created such a great software that just “gets us.” If you have any kind of email list or use landing pages, I’d highly recommend transitioning to ConvertKit.
- Ask Wonder – Uber for research. I mean, really good research delivered to you within the same day. Your first question is free and it works great for research papers and answering complex questions. I use it when I’m too lazy too google 20 links.
- Medium – Where anyone (including you) can start and publish your first blog post to an audience in 5 minutes or less. Send yours to me once you finish.
- Streaks – The to-do list that helps me form good habits. Voted best health app of 2015 on iTunes!
- Stayfocusd – This chrome extension limits the amount of time I go on addictive sites like Facebook & Twitter.
- Signature Sauce – Taught by bestselling author and millennial expert Paul Angone, this is a free 5-week online course that helps you get unstuck and find work you love. Proud supporter of Paul and his work.
- Land a Job You Love – There is no other person that I would trust with my career than Charlie Hoehn. Working with entrepreneurs like Tim Ferriss, Tucker Max and Seth Godin, Charlie shares his exact strategy to land your dream job. I’ve used this framework twice and apprenticed under two serial entrepreneurs. Extremely effective.
- Kopywriting Kourse – If you want to learn how to write better to increase conversions, influence decision, or make people actually WANT to read your work, this is the course for you. Copywriter (and my favorite blogger) Neville Medhora tells it to you straight on how to write great copy. I went through this course and my investment paid off immediately.
- Booked & Paid To Speak – A free, 9 lesson course that will give you the plan you’re looking for to help you become a speaker taught by the legendary… Grant Baldwin!
- Minerva Schools
- Make School
- Draper University (Read my honest review here)
- Watson University
- Wayfinding Academy
- Thiel Fellowship
Note: Most of the resources here are completely free. Of the few that aren’t, some contain affiliate links. If you use them, I’ll get a small commission – though there is no extra cost to you.
I recommend these resources because I use them myself and have a lot of experience with them, and being an affiliate for them allows me to make money to keep running Outside Of The Classroom. Remember that for each resource, there are other options out there – these are simply what I use and love.